History of The Forks:
The Forks Mercantile and Saloon originally started as a Hotel back in 1875 by R.O Roberts, who had recently moved to Livermore, CO from Chicago, Illinois. "The Forks" was named because it sat at the fork in the road with Red Feather Lakes Road to the west and Laramie Road (now HWY 287) to the north.
Lumber was donated by local loggers who were working in the Poudre Canyon and needed a place to rest and eat before heading back to Fort Collins. All access to and from Poudre Canyon had to go through Livermore as Poudre Canyon Road did not open until 1913.
The Forks offered food and lodging to the stage lines, hosted Saturday evening dances, and balls were often held here. Once a month traveling preachers would hold Sunday service, and throughout the years this has been the home to the Livermore Post Office.
On December 13th, 1985 the building was completely destroyed by a fire. The amazing Livermore community came together to rebuild their favorite local gathering place on its original building site. After years of hard work, The Forks opened to the public once again on April 14th, 1990!
Today, we strive to continue to offer the same local and friendly hospitality and food, all while preserving the authenticity of this historic building!
We hope to see you soon!